Since Microsoft has added the new Office Open XML formats into the sooner 2007 and 2010 Microsoft Office programs, users are facing issue in opening and then saving files on this arrangement. But it doesn’t imply you can’t open a document with Office Open XML format. Simply install the Microsoft Compatibility pack and get the work done in seconds.
The prime task of this compatibility package is to allow a user open, edit and save the Office files using the document formats from newer versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The package may be installed onto a computer system which is running Microsoft Office XP programs, Microsoft Office 2000 programs and Microsoft Office 2003 programs, respectively.
Before you download and then install exactly the same for Office XP or 2003, make sure that the installed version of Office as well as your Windows operating system is current. To assess and upgrade, follow these steps:
Windows 7 or Vista
- Follow the route
- Start -> All Programs -> Windows Update
- Microsoft upgrade will ensure that your operating system and other programs are Current. If not, you’ll be prompted to install the updates.
- Click Install
- Supply the admin password if asked
- Click Express to allow Microsoft upgrade check if your system is Current or not
- If it is not upgraded, You’ll Be asked for exactly the same; click on Install
After the upgrade completes, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Download the Microsoft Compatibility Bundle
- On the page, you will see a button labeled as “Download”
- Installing the Microsoft Compatibility Bundle
- Click Run on the downloaded setup
- Enter the administrator password, if asked
- Accept “Microsoft Software License Terms” and click Continue
- Click Okay and It’ll Start installing the compatibility package
- Click Okay in the last step and it’s done
- Click Run twice then take the “Microsoft Software License Terms”
- Click Okay and the package will be installed in couple minutes
- Click OK following the processing completes
Following the full installation of Microsoft Compatibility package, it is possible to open the files from the latest versions of Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
For more information you can visit: Office.com/setup.